Meetings Keep You Informed and Involved
Relationships are important to us. That is why we prefer to meet with you regularly. Also, we encourage you to let us know when major life events occur, such as the birth of a child or grandchild, milestone birthday, anniversary, or the loss of a loved one. We can help by assisting with the financial details.
We want to know as much about you as you are willing to share. Your family, lifestyle and financial goals provide critical information in helping us tailor your investment plan to your family’s unique situation.
Our step-by-step process includes information gathering about your resources, setting goals, developing a written outline of what you desire to accomplish, how to address it and executing the plan.
An important part of our responsibility is to keep your investment plan on track. We strive to accomplish this through several different types of periodic reviews.
In-office client meetings
- Monitoring the plan’s progress at regular intervals;
- Making adjustments to the plan as your goals change;
- Discussing any new issues that might arise;
- Whenever your goals or finances change, a review of your investment plan is appropriate. By notifying us of these changes, you give us an opportunity to adjust any strategic areas that might be affected by the change.
- If you live out of town or out of state, we are able to schedule a teleconference to discuss your plan's progress. During the teleconference we gather the same information we do at our in-office meetings;
- If your goals or finances have changed in any way, we are able to adjust your plan accordingly.
Portfolio performance, allocation & re-balancing
- A plan that spreads the risk of investing across several different asset classes is one key to long-term financial success;
- Over time, market performance in different asset classes can cause the allocations to deviate from their targeted percentages;
- We regularly review your portfolios performance and allocations to see if re-balancing or changes in target allocations are recommended.
Mutual fund review and selection
- We continuously monitor the mutual funds we recommend. Occasionally events such as a change in a fund's portfolio manager, fund objectives, or performance will alert us to re-evaluate our recommendation of a particular fund. We stay abreast of these events in order to recommend only funds that are best suited to your specific goals, needs and lifestyle.
We encourage you to call us any time you have questions or concerns about a situation. Examples of events you encounter where you might need advice are:
- Career or job change
- Begin collecting unemployment
- Purchase or sale of home or rental property
- Receipt of an inheritance or monetary windfall
- Sell or redeem over $2,000 in stocks, bonds or mutual funds
- New business startup or sale of business
- Giving or receiving a gift over $15,000
- Beginning retirement or receiving Social Security
- Change in your investment horizon
- Birth or adoption of a child
- Change in marital status
- IRS Notice
- Unexpected debt increase
- If you need a second opinion or just want to talk
Investment and financial planning services are offered by Dexter Ward and/or Tammy Cranford through his or her affiliation with Avantax Investment ServicesSM and Avantax Advisory ServicesSM